Sunday, October 21, 2012

DIY; Orange Playdough for Halloween



We have a lot of different age groups in our neighborhood; I’m so excited to get a bunch of Trick or Treaters this year! With the varying ages I decided to give them options, I made Orange Play Dough and printed off cute tags/recipes for the topper.  For the plastic baggies I used the ones that I use for chocolate pops. You can find them at your local craft store for a couple of dollars for about 50-100 bags! On each one I attached a different design cookie cutter. I think the toddlers will Love these!! I’m working on a few things for the Trick or Treaters that have allergies, something “peanut/ Gluten Free” and then Goodie Bags for the rest of the Kids! 

 Playdough recipe
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 c. salt
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 c. water
- 1 tsp. food coloring
- 2 tbsp. oil

Combine ingredients in a large saucepan. Stir in water, oil and food coloring. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until a ball forms. Remove from heat, store in an airtight container. I like to add a teaspoon of flavored extract to the dough to make it smell nice. I used pumpkin pie spice instead!! Smelled Great!! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...